Thursday, July 24, 2014

Updates on Danill

Hey guys. This is A.S. Not much in the way of updates on the personal front--the friend we visited is doing well and we all had a great time together. I would have gotten back to posting here if Qom and I didn't attend a meeting over at the school taking in a new science teacher, a guy named Chuck Eldridge--pretty boring shit in my opinion, even next to something like this whole Danill thing.

Despite the things Marcel dutifully pointed out, I don't think there's much too it. "Danill" hasn't posted anything since before we left to visit Rachel, so I think he's just a troll. Still, the fact that he mentions ayahuasca is interest. Ayahuasca, or yagé, is a South American drug made from certain shrubs containing the psychedelic substance DMT, combined in a potion with the vine B. caapi, which lets the DMT be active through drinking. (Don't ask me how I know this.) It's used for spiritual rituals involving vision quests and mystical travel to other worlds. How this fucker got his hands on some, I have no idea. Unless he's from South America, which admittedly would be pretty awesome if he's trolling our miniscule Wiki. (I just wish we could delete his edits, though!)

The Wiki doesn't really seem to be attracting much traffic, by the way. I suppose The Life of Mocata is pretty obscure, however--not to be a pretentious fuck or anything. I haven't really met anyone outside of our Inner Circle that has heard of the series. Rachel and some of her friends are big sci-fi/fantasy geeks and they don't know about it. Come to think of it, she mentioned a lot of movies that I've never heard of. 

Don't know why I think that's so weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment