Saturday, March 14, 2015

Ifrit

We fought the guy who--Frank?--said was the fire spirit. I don't really know what to say about him. I want to say he was someone from around town--a familiar face. But while he was chanting and jeering about burning us to death, we fought fire with fire and shot him in the leg. And this pulse of flame shot out, even as he was screaming. I remember shooting him in the chest, then, thinking just that he was pathetic...

I don't want to think about the fact that it was me who was doing that.

But even when I shot him, I knew that he was just a tease. I saw Tamaron's pattern of sorts in my mind.

We're going to fight elementals, aren't we? People with elemental powers. There'd be four of them, assuming we're going with the Greek thing--fire, water, air, and earth. A.S., God bless him, has already made a Fantastic Four joke. But we don't know...

I killed someone. I've killed several people now. Forgive me, Lord.

I thought he was pathetic.

Now I may have to kill three more.

I don't want to even consider the implications of the whole Marcel/Terry thing. I wish we had more information. But we all knew that Tamaron jumped into Marcel. He truly is dead now, and I'm going to spare you extra melodrama and not tell you exactly how cold I feel.

Qom reacted even worse than I did. He's acting strange now.

Ifrit is gone. Let's just call these hypothetical others Golem, Kappa, and Gremlin--earth, water, and air. 

I doubt Tamaron would send the strongest of them to us first.

No comments:

Post a Comment