Friday, October 10, 2014

Explanation

The time for crazy letters has passed. Both in terms of title heads, and in terms of posts.

First of all, I have to say to Amos: I am sorry for your loss. I had nothing to do with it, and I never intended to make light of the situation. I'm just sorry.

Secondly, I have to tell you about why I contacted you in particular.

The energies involved with all this have taken away our greatest weapon: The Life of Mocata. Those books are incredibly valuable when events like this happen. Currently, the world as you know it is being attracted to another external body through the influence of an incredibly powerful...fiction, we'll call it. We call this sort of attraction and partial merge between worlds a Syzygy.

Currently, things are slightly different to you because alternate Earth counterparts are being merged with the people of your Earth. The world you are being fused with is called Earth-Alpha. On Earth-Alpha, few have read the books, and as such there are few now who are aware of what we are facing.

The cult that killed your friend and brother is led by an important figure in those books. You know his name. He is the First Enemy of the Multiverse, Edward Tamaron.

I'm sorry to have to tell you this, but at least one of you must have considered it at some point. If Multiverse Theory is true--and it is--then you must have realized that there is always a universe where fiction is true. Earth-Alpha, Earth-20181, Earth-13151518--they all exist, in some form. And Tamaron's story has affected all of them, as I've written.

Following the events of the most recent volume of The Life of Mocata, Tamaron attempted to travel back to Earth-Alpha with the power of the Abominations. I don't know what happened in transit--maybe the demons betrayed him--but he ended up just short of his goal. What was more is that his body was ruined and he needed to take on another host. If you don't believe me--and a more cynical part of myself doubts you even disbelieve me, because you may not have even gotten to this part of the text--then you can find the makeshift grave Tamaron dug for Brooder Nebel, or what was left of him, just off of Henriksen Street.

I don't know why Tamaron transferred himself into Chuck Eldridge. Maybe Eldridge experimented with the occult in his youth or something, and had just enough of a mystic aura for him to be a suitable host for Tamaron's soul. In any case, he lives again, here, on Earth-Gamma.

I can't reveal his plans yet because I'm not sure. It's just that--and I'm sorry--it's just that he knows you've all read the books. He knows you know him. And he may well think that you investigated his cult on purpose. That's why he killed Jacob Berkley.

The Abbey of Serpentis must be stopped. Again, I don't expect you to entirely believe me. But I know you want justice. That, at least, makes sense to all of you.

You know me as Danillinthelionsden or whatever. But I think you know my name now.

I am Frank Jenkins. And I wrote The Life of Mocata to warn the Multiverse if--when--Tamaron arrived on a new world.

I have given you the tools. Now you must make the choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment